Sunday, March 25, 2012

P90x Day 8 + protein packed cottage cheese/oatmeal pancakes



Moving on to P90x week two.
Although it may just be in my head I feel like I look better already ;) For one I do feel more confident and stronger. The more my muscles ache the better I feel about how my end results may turn out. But I must admit that my life got a little hectic and I started binging on bad foods on day 8. Hmm, shall I blame the taco night? :)

Day 8 review

Back to Day 1 with Chest & Back and Abs. My only gripe about this workout is that I really cannot do the ab workout. I wish there were more instruction on what to do as a modified version or alternate to the exercises shown. My core is just too weak to do pulse-ups, V-ups, leg climbs, or the raise in the middle, cross leg touch. Not eve one :(  So, I think I might be better off substituting another ab routine wherein I actually struggle but can complete a move.

Food intake

As I posted a couple of days ago, I discovered protein pancakes made from 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 4 egg whites. Of course this is the base of the recipe so more can be added to it. So, I tried almond extract and dressed up my pancakes with strawberries.

Here is an example of one of my bare bear berry delights. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Cute pancake, thanks for the recipe. Hope your journey is going well, I just started Day 3!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by. Suggestions, questions, and new fitness friends welcome :)