Thursday, March 15, 2012

P90x Day 2

Quick recap of my P90x Phase 1 start


I am on day two of my fitness journey and I am happy to report that I am sore. I did not complete most of the Ab Ripper workout yesterday so I thought I would not feel any soreness in my midsection but I feel it a little bit. My arms are still feeling the workout for sure. When I straighten my arms it feels like a stretch on my muscles.

Food intake

As I said in my last post, I have stopped almost all dessert intake for lent but aside from that I am raising my protein intake and sadly decided to cut back on my daily cheese binges. I do not believe in depriving myself from foods altogether since I am not a fitness model or competitor--yet ;) so I will eat up to 3 ounces of cheese weekly and I will alloy myself pasta for energy a night before a big workout or just because I want it.

My focus will be on a lifestyle change not a diet and I know that I will not continue a carb-less lifestyle. I will partake in clean eating as much as possible but my goal is to not overindulge and instead eat proper portions and to only et when I am hungry. A big problem of mine is snacking while watching TV. Find healthy alternatives to snacking is good but I think my main issue is I eat even when I am not hungry. I do not focus on my food when I do this and end up eating just out of habit. Instead, I will try to incorporate exercises or stretches during shows or commercials to keep me busy.

I have now started tracking my food intake through the "My Fitness Pal" app. It is great because you can scan bar codes to track your food aside from searching for the names. But if you are looking for another option I highly recommend the Spark People website, which also has an app. You can create your own blog there, find a great community, track workouts, discover new workouts, find recipes, etc.

Day 2 review

Today I did the P90x Plyometrics DVD. Oh em gee was it hard! I could not yet keep up with the whole routine but it is fun and targets the lower body like I want; so, I think it will be my favorite routine. My hamstrings feel tight/strong as if I am flexing them. I hope this means these workouts will build them up! :)

Tomorrow I have to repeat yesterday's workout so I hope my arms recover. Otherwise I may go do a different high impact full body workout with a friend and substitute pushups during the squatting segments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by. Suggestions, questions, and new fitness friends welcome :)