Wednesday, March 21, 2012

P90x Day 6 + vanilla flavored protein pancakes with peanut butter & cinnamon

P90x Day 6 of 90: Kenpo!
My calves are still burning from Legs & Back! I did not think the workout would make me feel this sore but now I know I need to stretch my calves more on Legs & Back days. My hamstrings do not feel tight so this tells me that I may have been too easy on myself. Next week I will squat lower and make sure I am holding everything for the suggested counts.

Day 6 review

Kenpo is my favorite of all the workouts. I dabbled in kick boxing and Tae Kwon Do in the past so I felt most comfortable with this workout. Since the other workouts (especially yoga) were all new to me I feel as if I wasted too much time double checking the video to make sure I was following along properly.


Food intake

I have been flipping through my clean eating recipe books as well as old Food & Wine and Oxygen magazines to add diversity in my meals and have seen cottage cheese mentioned a lot. Can you believe I never had any? Well, that is until today! I tried some and found that there are a ton of pancake recipes using cottage cheese!


For the best protein packed punch I opted for:
  • Pancake mix:
  • ½ cup oatmeal
  • ½ cup cottage cheese
  • teaspoon vanilla extract
  • egg whites
(cooked in coconut oil)
  • Pancake topping:
  • tablespoon cinnamon
  • ½ tablespoon peanut butter 

I hope that next time I remember to snap a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by. Suggestions, questions, and new fitness friends welcome :)