Tuesday, March 20, 2012

P90x Day 5 + goat cheese & shrimp omelette, grits, & crawfish beignets


P90x Day 5 of 90

Okay, so I had my first mess up: I missed Day 5 on Sunday! I was entertaining a guest and did not have alone time to complete my workout. So instead I did Day 5 on Monday and I am contemplating skipping the rest day to get back on track. I tried to edit my excel sheet to reflect the day missed and I somehow messed up the code so I just rather catch up than deal with dates that are totally off.

Day 5 review

Legs & Back workout was fun. I definitely want to work out my legs so even though this workout burned my legs I kept at it (for the most part). And I am happy to report that while on Day 1 I could not do one closed grip overhand pull-up (without a chair--and even with chair assistance only maxed out 3) today I was able to do 3!! It may seem small but it feels like such a major accomplishment for me, particularly since it has been less than one week. I do not know if it is due to advancement through P90x or because I saw my boyfriend do it and all of a sudden my competition mode kicked in. -Of course he can go on with his and my arms shook after the three...

But this gets me thinking: would I get better results if I did P90x with a friend? Hmm... 

Food intake -brunch with friends

I went to brunch and ate tasty, buttery, cheesy, calories: 
Crawfish beignets topped with cayenne pepper and scallions

Buttery cheddar cheese grits with cornmeal, a goat cheese and shrimp omelette, and sourdough toast.

I think I may have tacked on a pound to myself off of brunch paired with the lack of exercising :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by. Suggestions, questions, and new fitness friends welcome :)