Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 1 of insanity

Update

I abandoned this blog when I was last working out because it was hard enough fitting in the workouts that I could not continue my posts too.  I stopped after 6 weeks.  But I was eating okay and feeling good.  Since then I've gained fat back.  I don't weigh myself often so I gauge my weight by how I fit my clothes and lately I find my stretchy workout clothes more comfy. Elastic waistbands mean workouts are in order! So, here goes take 2.

I still have P90x but I was gifted the Insanity workout program so I am going to try that now.  Since Insanity is a 60 day challenge with shorter workout times (at least in the first phase), I think it will help keep me on track and get me into a workout routine.

After Thanksgiving I have been on a downward spiral with my eating.  My diet usually consists of daily chocolates and cookies or ice cream but of course the holiday season brings new temptations.  For now I will continue eating badly but I am starting to exercise to prevent a heart attack :)

Insanity Day 1

'Twas the night before Christmas... and I started my workout :) Today I got (the DVF for Neiman Marcus & Target) yoga mat and had to break it in.  After all, Monday = fit test day.  I found mu trusty Polar heart rate monitor and was ready for a workout!

I have a high resting pulse rate and I can easily go over 200 beats per minute so I have to be careful. I tried to take it easy today but my highest was still 198.

Day 1 fit test results:
Switch kicks: 62
Power jacks: 36
Power knees: 42
Power jumps: 12
Globe jumps: 7
Suicide jumps: 8
Push-up Jacks: 9
Low plank oblique: 20

I need to figure out what should be my max HR and set it asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by. Suggestions, questions, and new fitness friends welcome :)