Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Post workout protein

As I head off to bed I grabbed a jar of Nutella and spooned away at it for a while until I realized why I was hungry. I did not feed my body after exercising. Since I started around 10pm I had already eaten dinner and two servings of dessert. So consuming something didn't cross my mind.

You're supposed to feed your muscles within one hour of beating them up. To prevent deprivation of nutrients I'm going to move up my workout time as often as I can.

2 comments:

  1. I usually do a serving of whey protien in milk right after my workout no matter when I do the workout. Also a banana can be good. If you don't want to do whey chocolate milk has about the right mix of protein and carbs for post workout. The following link is to the one I use and it is real good if you mix it with milk, not so good in water (double rich chocolate) http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3267268&cp=3593187.2108294.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! Right now all I have is my Pro Complex powder in vanilla (1/2 serving) but your suggestion looks like a better price. I love the vanilla Pro Complex taste but I'd like to find a chocolate option too.

      Delete

Let me know you stopped by. Suggestions, questions, and new fitness friends welcome :)